Solution Architect (Space Comm)
Space is on the verge of a revolution: a real disruption in the $20B/yr satellites industry by the increasing privatization of the industry, driven by commercial goals and the need for advanced computing in space. Ramon.Space has break-through technology with New-Space hardware and software that work flawlessly in harsh space conditions. Powered by its unique AI/ML processors, Ramon.Space’s software-defined systems enable the realizations of earth-like computing capabilities in space. The company’s proven technology is already deployed in space and used in communications and observation satellites in more than 50 space missions across the solar system (e.g., the European Space Agency’s Solar Orbiter, the Japanese Hayabusa2 asteroid sample-return mission, and in 2021 on the JUICE – Jupiter Icy Moons Explorer) – with zero failures.
We are looking for a talented Solution Architect who is passionate about designing, building, and implementing solutions for complex communication space missions. He/she will be responsible for managing the technology evaluation, validation, solution architecture and design stages in our program process. This is a customer-facing role, owning the overall technical relationship between our key customers and Ramon.Space computing platforms. Come explore space with us!
What you will be doing
- Lead customers in requirement gathering, definition, designing, and hands-on system implementation
- Ensure successful delivery of our space communication systems throughout the entire program lifecycle
- Work with business and technology stakeholders to define requirements and needs
- Become Space technology and solutions expert, transferring customer needs into customized communication solutions
- Present technical solutions and demos to prospective space customers and partners
- Work closely with business development team on customer and market engagements
- Keep up to date with emerging trends in all relevant areas of space
- Work with marketing team to develop influential white papers/presentations
- Minimum 10 years of experience in technical related role in satellite communication or wireless communication
- 5 years of experience in similar role defining architecture, designs and solutions in space technology, wireless communication, networking, or computing
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related technical degree
- Demonstrated success as a technical lead for complex system architecture
- Will-do attitude for resolving problems, programming, complexity analytics and large-scale system design.
- Experience working with customers in all stages of the program lifecycle
- Exceptional presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to work and operate in a highly dynamic environment.
- Ability to work concurrently with multiple groups in the organization.