We’re looking for a results-driven Sales Director to execute sales strategy, increase market share, and lead the business from the ground up for Ramon.Space Store & Compute products this is an amazing opportunity for a self-starter to take part in Ramon.Space’ journey of building out-of-this-world platforms that employ best-in-class super-computing, communications, earth observations solutions, artificial intelligence and other capabilities in space.
What you will be doing
- Develop, execute and deliver on sales strategies, achieving sales targets and Company’s objectives in the U.S market which may include volumes, retention, partnerships and other strategic goals.
- Build and manage a healthy pipeline of qualified opportunities to meet/exceed sales objectives and key performance metrics through ongoing outbound prospecting and business development activities, converting inbound leads and other referrals.
- Shepherd opportunities from qualification through closing, including needs assessment, demos, addressing concerns, executive presentations, coordinating internal resources (eg. pre-sales), responding to RFI/RFP selection processes, due diligence and price/contract negotiation.
- Identify, build and manage an ecosystem of partners, including resellers and alliances, to generate pipeline and scale the business across multiple markets.
- Cultivate deep business relationships with clients to maximize satisfaction, usage, referrals, upsells and renewals.
- Represent the Company and the solution at industry events, webinars, etc. helping to develop subject-matter expertise and thought-leadership in the field of Compute.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of all sales activity throughout the sales cycle in the Company to ensure effective pipeline and lead management, accurate forecasting, deal history, and competitive activity for tracking and reporting.
- Collaborate with product, marketing, and other functional team members to deliver successful campaigns and ensure product is aligned to the needs of clients in the region.
- 7+ years of experience in a customer facing role in the space industry
- Strong knowledge in engineering and manufacturing of space systems
- Highly effective and professional verbal and written communication and negotiations skills
- Independent, motivated “doer” with a demonstrated track record of pursuing and closing complex, high-value deals
- Experience selling new technical solutions for “design-in” wins – an advantage
- Established networks of relevant contacts in the space industry – an advantage
- Proven ability to establish partnerships and penetrate new segments and accounts
- Experience working in a fast-paced international organization and managing geographically dispersed teams; startup experience – highly preferred
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of commercial and government satellite programs
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed and appropriate