Head of System Architecture Group
Ramon.Space is looking for an experienced and talented System Architecture Group Lead, to drive our space multidisciplinary system architecture engineering work, translating customers’ requirements into state-of-the-art super-computing space-grade solutions. Drive and lead the technology road map. In this role you’ll be driving the definition of the company’s roadmap products architecture, system design to ensure space-grade systems and delivery to satisfied customers. You will be a senior member of the management of the R&D division, leading a team of system and architecture engineers and directing the cross-org system efforts, while interfacing with Product, business, marketing and CTO teams as well as our customers and the market eco-system. This is your chance to take part in building out-of-this-world platforms that employ best-in-class super-computing, communications, earth observations solutions, artificial intelligence and other capabilities in space. This position reports to SVP R&D.
What you will be doing
- Leading the architecture group and own the solution architecture of all Ramon.Space products.
- Architecture definition of space-grade multidisciplinary system (communication, computing, AI, storage).
- Definition of System & Sub-System Product Requirements
- Analysis of technical alternatives to support product roadmap and define, drive and escort Proof of Concepts to aid decision making
- Hands-On system engineering work both inbound & outbound (customer facing): specifications, requirements, RFIs, etc.
- Co-work with the company’s program managers to provide on-time quality delivery and regular reports to company’s management
- Sync cross-org (Hardware, Software, Signal Processing, VLSI, Validation) and cross-projects system work
- Lead system integration activities
- Define, evangelize and ensure exercise of system engineering methodologies and good practices
- B.Sc. in Electronics Engineering. M.Sc.E.E – an advantage.
- +15 years of Senior System Engineering Management
- Experience in steering System Engineering work in electronics/ comms/ compute/ space engineering organizations
- Strong technical acumen with proven practice in Hardware & SW Architectures and HW/SW/FW/FPGA/Silicon partitioning
- Experience in at least two of the following fields: Compute Architecture, Storage, Communication Systems, Machine Learning and/or Space Engineering
- Ability to quickly grasp complex problems & driving to practical solutions
- A good communicator with effective stakeholder management capabilities and conflict resolution skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with Silicon Design – an advantage
- Business & commercial acumen